Monday, December 5, 2011

The Blonde's search for the perfect stylist

Just about every girl and her Beautician/Hair Stylist have a relationship.
Y'all know what I'm sayin.
The kind of relationship that takes years to build.
The kind of relationship that has as much trust as a marriage does.
Man that hair sure does look good.

I had that kind of relationship with Mae Mae.
It was the longest relationship I had ever had. 
No one has filled her shoes.
No Salon will ever match up with hers.
I have put Mae Mae on a pedestal.

This wonderful hair stylist and I met 6 years ago through my friend Brittney who helped out around the shop. I decided to let her highlight my hair. She was amazing. And affordable. And could always fit me in. She knew exactly what I wanted.

Fast forward a few years. I move 3 hours away. Every 6 weeks I was driving back to MaeMae for the same highlight and trim. This hair of mine was getting more and more expensive. "I can't go longer than 6 weeks and start lookin all skanky!" I say to my barely there roots one day.

So ask around, and I ask around. I call Mae Mae and ask her what I should do.
"Guh, yo ass cray cray fo drivin all da way down hur just fo dem roots uh yo's. Fine u sum wun up der. I be ok wit dat." (follow that) Just kidding. I don't get my hair did by some mammie jammie in the trailer park.

So I find a girl up here. She's ok. Not what Mae Mae and I had. 
Girl#2 is more expensive. Not as fun to talk to. She doesn't think my stories are crazy. And she is charging me different prices each time. For the same thing each month. Yea, I know. Im getting suspicious too.

So girls, Im on the search for The Mae Mae #2. 
Will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment